Sunday, January 16, 2011

BAD, BAD, BAD WEEKEND!!!!!!

Well guys, my weekend just did not turn out how I hoped. Friday I went shopping, and to the thrift store junkin'. Everything was great,and I was really having a good time. Now I live in the country, and it's pretty isolated back here. I pull in the driveway, and I smell a really bad burning smell. My one daughter lives up the hill from me, so I assumed they were burning something, which they were. I went in the house and turned on some lights...they flickered and then no electric...went to the breaker box, switched them all, and it came back on. Turned on the t.v. and off it went again. So I  call my son-in-law, and he tells me I have too many things on,which I knew better. Can't find anything wrong, so I call an electrician(tried four of them before I could find one to come after hours.)  Thank God he came right away.He checked everything in here,which was okay. Then outside he went to the electric pole, which was smoking and arcing, and ready to catch fire. OMG! Grabbed my doggies, and some important things,and went to the garage. Couldn't get anyone at the electric co, so he disconnected everthing, pulled out the insides and bypassed the main breaker. He said I was very lucky it didn't burn the house down. And of course my dh was out on the road. Now the e. company has to come out while the electrician is here, disconnect everything while the lines and box are replaced. Then it has to be inspected by an inspecter before it is turned back on by the electric co. This will end up costing a small fortune I was told,and in the middle of winter at that! But you know what, The electric company was around and inspected everyones poles and fuse boxes in Sept. and everything was fine. All I have done is thank God for not letting my house burn down. We were just so lucky.  Now Tuesday, I will have to call e. co. and tell them what happened. I will probably have a wonderful week with them.  Then yesterday I repaced my printer that was only 3 months old that had quit working with a new one And guess what? It doesn't  work either. I just sat and laughed and cried for an hour!!! Oh my, Wonder what tomorrow might bring....

16 comments:

Trish-Ladybug said...

So glad you ok!! and your safe.Living in the rural country does have its challenges,but's the
its the "Good" Live :-)

Now on your Printer I had that with New HP Printer and it was the software HP problems took it back to Office Max and they replaced it for me.....Could be the printers software...
Hope things go better for you :-)
Trish...

Ornaments by Pink said...

Don't feel bad it could have been a lot worse! My house caught fire when my kids were little and I almost lost them.
Think positive, maybe the cost won't be as bad as they told you. Good luck with your electric and your printer!
Hope your week will be a good one!
Mary

Linda ★ Parker's Paradise said...

I guess I'm thinking that the cost should be on your utility server, especially if they just inspected in Sep.!
Good luck with this. I think you are being taken advantage of.
★Linda★

sissie said...

Thank goodness your house didn't catch fire! It's good that you know what was causing the problem.
I want to thank you for becoming a follower of my blog. I am following you too and I'm looking forward to getting to know you better.

hugs
Sissie

Cindy Adkins said...

Oh my gosh, this is unbelievable!!! My husband is a power lineman...too bad I don't live closer!

And the printer? I had 3 break in 1 week and 2 phones--can you believe it? Plus, 3 brand-new computers....So, it got to the point I was afraid to touch anything! (It happened last March.)

The most important thing is that you are safe and thank goodness you weren't asleep!
Sending hugs and blessings your way,
Cindy
XO

Cindy Adkins said...

I sure hope that you will be okay with that super-cold weather...
I am hoping all will be fixed soon!!!!
Big (((hugs))) from me,
Cindy

Magpie said...

Oh what terrible luck. But thank God you caught it in time before you were hurt. It's always intimidating to deal with repair people who know things you don't know! Good luck with this!

You might live somewhat close to me. I see you are a Steelers fan. So am I! Where in the world did you get the awesome Terrible Towel??

Go Steelers! Hope they win this weekend!

Linda said...

Hello, I am from Nothin But Country Living and I found you through A Primitive Place. Sorry to hear about all the problems but thank God you found the problem in time. Love your blog and I will be back often.
Come visit me anytime at...
http://nothinbuycountryliving.blogspot.com

Junibears said...

Hello Linda,
Thank you so much for dropping by and leaving a comment.
I am so sorry about all your electrical problems. Thank God there wasn't a fire.
Do take care,
Hugs
June xx
PS I love all your little decorated matchboxes!

W.H. Baxter & Co. said...

Linda, I'm so happy you had no real damage. I've had 2 fires in my home, one caused by a water heater and the other by a birds nest on a light. It's amazing what a fire can do to your home. Luckily, our home only sustained partial damage both times. But it is a feeling that you don't want to experience. I am glad that you are okay and no one was hurt. Someone was watching over you. Take care and stay blessed!!!

Marilyn Rock said...

So sorry about your electrical problem. Glad you are safe.

Dezinaworld said...

Ohh bless your heart. You poor thing but i am glad you are all ok.It must have been so scary. Is there no way you can claim on insurance for this? it doesnt sound like it was your fault ?
anyway thank goodness you are ok
hugs June

insurance quotes. said...

Nice post! You have said it very well. Keep going.
This is a fascinating post! It could not have been expressed better.

Laura Ingalls Gunn said...

I am keeping you in prayer and sending sunshine and rainbows your way!

TeresaM said...

So sorry to hear about your wiring!!! But my gosh so glad you caught it on time!!!!

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog and signing up for my giveaway!
Good luck!
Teresa

insurance quotes. said...

It's amazing what a fire can do to your home. Luckily, our home only sustained partial damage both times. But it is a feeling that you don't want to experience. I am glad that you are okay and no one was hurt. Someone was watching over you. Take care and stay blessed!!!